Training and Consulting Services for Business Writers
- Content Strategy and Development: Writing for Web, Social Media, and other Marketing Channels
- Develop and Deliver Powerful Presentations
- Individual Coaching
- Superintendents’ Workshop
- Business Writing
- E-Mail: Strategies for Effective Communication
- Drive Results: Writing Performance Reviews the SMART Way
- Be Your Own Editor: Grammar and Proofreading
- Technical Writing
- Advanced Writing for Managers and Supervisors: Reports, Proposals, and Procedures
We deliver on-site training workshops, online training webinars, SCORM-compliant e-learning modules, and individualized editing with feedback on language usage. Click here for a one-page overview of our individualized coaching services.
Workshops and Webinars
Workshops can be a half-day or two full days; it depends on your learning objectives and timeframe. We deliver our webinars in 45- or 60-minute engaging, job-relevant modules – either at one time, or over five times. We offer individual coaching in conjunction with on-site or online training.
A Write It Well training course begins with you. Here’s how we’ll customize our training for your organization:
- Evaluate unedited samples of participants’ writing
- Gather details about your organization’s objectives for training
- Survey the participants to identify their objectives and concerns
Our training is participant-centered, interactive and relevant:
- We encourage active participation through discussion and practice
- Participants apply what they learn to their own job-related writing
- We offer one-on-one feedback for each participant
- After a training session, we encourage participants to contact us with questions and send us their writing for feedback
Our customized approach has been getting results for more than twenty-five years. E-mail us or call us at (510) 655-6477 to see how we can improve business writing in your organization!
We use Adobe Captivate to create e-learning modules using your organization’s content, our materials on business-writing skills, or a mix of the two. (For an example of how one of our e-learning courses looks and works, see Just Commas: A Write It Well Guide.)
Our e-learning courses make asynchronous learning possible for all your organization’s members. And quiz results are SCORM-compliant to work with your organization’s learning management system (LMS).
Editing with Individualized Feedback
Write It Well provides one-on-one analysis of writing samples as a tool to help you, or writers at your organization, understand essential writing techniques. You can send us a document you’ve already written for work or an important pending document that must have impeccable language before you send it out.
This learning service is an individualized variation on Write It Well’s editing services. We identify and explain patterns of problematic writing, helping you build on your writing strengths and send out documents with increasing polish and confidence. We highlight nonstandard language; explain rules for grammar, punctuation, and word usage; and supply appropriate revisions.
This service is appropriate whether English is your first or second language. You’ll master commonly confused words and idioms by seeing them in a work-related context. Like all Write It Well’s work, the job-relevant context makes learning immediately applicable to your daily professional needs.